How to Save for Your Dream Vacation Without Even Trying
Traveling is essential to being. Scroll through your social media feed and without a doubt you will see multiple posts of friends living it up on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea or the jungles of local Guatemalan villages. Travel bloggers have taken over and so has the wanderlust in many. So what's stopping you from fulfilling your exotic adventure?
Is your dream vacation draining any chance of savings for the future? Budgeting is hard, but it doesn't have to be. Take these easy steps to start planning for your Instaworthy vacay.
How to Save for Your Dream Vacation
Step one: sign up for an Acorns account.
Acorns is a new investment app that lets people automatically invest spare change from debit and credit card purchases. This allows you to begin saving money on auto-pilot without worrying about over-drafting your account.
1. Create an account at www.acorns.com
2. Link your credit or debit card you wish to invest your spare change. If you have multiple cards, you can choose just one to try it out or register all of them. When you make a purchase using your linked card Acorns will invest your spare change. Acorns will wait until you have $5 in round-ups before transferring from your account.
3. Set your multiplier. Acorns will double your Round-Up transactions to help you invest more.
4. Set up a recurring investment to be withdrawn from each week. This step is optional. I wanted to get my travel fund to where it needed to be fast, so I set mine up to withdraw $35 a week but you can start with $5 weekly to get things going. Investing on a regular basis is one of the best ways to grow your wealth.
5. Deposit a one-time investment to get you started. This step is also optional. The one-time investment can also be as little or as high as you want. Jumpstart your travel fund with an amount you feel comfortable with to ensure your vacay vibes come sooner than you imagined.
Keep in mind the price tag of your dream vacation. It may seem like investing $200 a month on your travel fund is high and causing a dent in your food or fun budget but think about where you could go with $2,400 to spend each year. Or two $1,200 vacations a year! The world is your oyster, and you can choose the destination. Pick a price that feels right to you, and you will be well on your way budgeting for your dream vacation.
Step two: ensure your vacation style is Pinterest worthy without breaking the bank
I recommend checking out our travel babes collection, but I'm biased of course :)
Here are a few additional tips for finding the perfect outfit:
1. Sign up for your favorite online store's email subscription list. Subscribing allows you to be the first to know when any major sales occur. YOU ARE THE PINEAPPLE offers a chance to win a $200 gift card for email subscribers and 10% off of your first purchase to all who subscribe.
2. Sign up for Poshmark and search for your favorite brands at discount prices. I love buying Show Me Your MuMu pieces on Poshmark perfect for all tropical island trips!
3. Keep a lookout on Instagram for your favorite travel blogger posting a discount code to their favorite store. You can also go one step further and reach out to small online stores and offer posts/tags/shoutouts of you wearing their clothing on your next vacay. Small stores are always looking for more opportunities to get their clothing out there in front of new audiences at low costs. You can become the Instafamous Travel Blogger you always dreamed of and travel the world.
Travel because money returns. Time doesn't.